8/3/10

Twice-Baked Potatoes

One of Jim Bob's favorite meals is steak and potatoes. I leave the steak marinating and grilling to him. He's mastered the technique and seems to really enjoy it, and that suits me just fine. I enjoy making the side dishes and desserts. We have a lot of fun when we prepare meals together for our friends.

Currently, our favorite potato side dish is twice baked potatoes. You just can't go wrong with potatoes, cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, and Lawry's seasoning. My favorite recipe for twice baked potatoes comes from Pioneer Woman. She uses Lawry's seasoning which is sure to please at my house. They're crowd-pleasers and easy to make. I don't use exact measurements when I make this because we love bacon and sour cream, so make adjustments according to your preferences. Enjoy!


Twice-Baked Potatoes

4 baking potatoes, washed and pricked with a fork
sour cream
butter
bacon bits (I use the "real" kind in the jar, not the crunchy ones)
shredded colby jack cheese
chopped chives (I omitted this.)
Lawry's seasoning


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes in oven to bake for one hour or until potatoes are soft when tested with a fork. Remove potatoes and cool. Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the insides of the potato into a medium mixing bowl. Be careful not to tear the potato skin. Add butter, sour cream, bacon bits,Lawry's, chives, and cheese to mixing bowl. Using a potato masher, mash potato mixture until well-blended.

Spoon potato mixture back into the skins. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

*Twice-baked potatoes are great reheated and can be frozen for later use.

Source: Pioneer Woman

1 comments:

Martin Drummond said...

Haven't tasted these 'taters but sure looks good. Almost as good as your site, Jen.

Well done, girl. And I'm not just talkin' about how I like my twice-a-year steak.

VERY proud of you. If you come up with hyper-healthy recipes, let me know and we'll put them on your mom's site....

Love to both of you.

Martin

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio