10/3/10

Homemade Popcorn

Popcorn 2 


When I was a kid, we used to pop popcorn in an air popper like this one.  It was such a treat.  I loved to pour in the corn and watch it pop.  As the bowl filled with popcorn, I would turn it to make sure that it was evenly distributed.  There was a small silver tray on the top where you put half a stick of butter.  The heat from the popping made the butter melt.  

In recent years, I've always opted for microwave popcorn.  It didn't occur to me until recently to pop my own popcorn until I read a post on Brown-Eyed Baker's blog.  Jim Bob and I caught up on our dvr'd television shows on Sunday afternoon.  I popped a bowl of popcorn to munch on.  It's really easy to make yourself, and I definitely recommend it.  


Homemade Popcorn
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons oil (I used canola)
1/2 salt (I used 3/4 tsp. sea salt)
1/2 cup popping corn (I used this kind.) 
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Directions:
Measure corn, salt, and oil into heavy-bottom pan.  Cover and turn heat to medium.  Leave lid slightly ajar to allow steam to escape.  When popping slows, remove pan from heat.  Transfer popcorn to serving bowl.  Melt butter in microwave, and drizzle over popped popcorn.  Toss and serve.

Source:  Orville Redenbacher's Original Popping Corn jar label


Popcorn 1

1 comments:

Karin said...

I think I'm going to have to invest in an air popper - reminds me of when I was a kid too!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio