10/25/10

Teriyaki Mahi and a Confession

PA250148

I have a confession to make.  When we eat dinner at home, we rarely eat on real plates.  It's almost always paper plates for us.  In fact, the last time we had friends over for dinner, we ate on paper plates.  The truth is, I love to cook, but I despise cleaning the kitchen.  The rule in our family is that if I do the cooking, someone else has to do the cleaning.  

As I've mentioned before, Jim Bob and I are trying to include more fish in our diet.  Mahi is a white, sweet, moderately dense fish.  It's easily baked, sauteed, or can be carefully grilled.  Marinades are easy to find online, but listed below is the one I decided on.

Teriyaki Mahi

Ingredients:  
2 - 4 oz. mahi filets (wild, never frozen is always best)
2 tablespoons olive oil (original recipe called for butter)
2 tsp. minced garlic, divided (1 tsp. for marinade, 1 tsp. for sauteing)
1 Tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
(original recipe called for 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds - I omitted.)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together, then place fish filets in ziploc bag with marinade.  Marinate at least 30 minutes (we marinated for 1 1/2 hours).  Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan at medium heat.  Add 1 tsp. minced garlic, and saute.  Add fish, saute 4-5 minutes on each side, basting with marinade.

Source:  Go Hawaii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio