11/3/10

"Easy Like Sunday Morning" Breakfast Casserole

I love breakfast casserole, and this version is "Easy Like Sunday Morning".  You could easily swap out ingredients and experiment with bacon, different types of cheese, or add chopped veggies.  The possibilities are endless!  I kept this version simple for my house guests, but it was delicious.   

PA310260


"Easy Like Sunday Morning" Breakfast Casserole
Ingredients:
1 loaf crusty French bread, torn into pieces (I used white sandwich bread.)
6 eggs (I used 8 eggs.)
1/4 cup milk
8 oz. sausage, browned and drained
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated (I used Monterey Jack and cheddar.)
Spices (I used ground mustard, garlic powder, and pepper.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and grease baking pan.  Place bread in pan and distribute evenly.  Beat eggs, milk, and spices; pour over bread.  Add remaining ingredients (sausage and cheese) and bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.  Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

Source:  Trader Joe's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio