6/2/11

Sweet Corn and Black Bean Salad

P5150728

I love corn, but sometimes, I got over-zealous and buy too much of it.  A surplus of corn is what inspired my search for this recipe.  It is easy and light, and it's great for a barbecue or get-together with friends.   



P5150727

Sweet Corn and Black Bean Salad
Ingredients:
2 ears of fresh corn, cut off cob
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped

Combine all ingredients.  Serve with tortilla chips.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

This may be a stupid questions...I'm assuming you cook the corn first?

Jenny said...

Not a stupid question at all, but no - I don't cook the corn. I just cut it off the cob.

Mom said...

How funny! I just made a recipe almost exactly like this for our camping trip. We just finished the last bit of it tonight. Yum!!

Mom said...

But yours if fresher. I used canned for convenience.

Jenny said...

I've made it with fresh corn and canned corn. Both are good. The thing that makes this dish great is the cilantro.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio