7/13/11

Cool as a Cucumber

This drink is cool and refreshing.  It's a nice change to sweet tea or lemonade.  My friend described it as something that would be served at a spa.

Random side note:  Did you know that people in South Carolina call cucumbers cukes?

P7110025

Cucumber Lime Mint Agua Fresca
Ingredients:
1 pound of cucumbers, ends trimmed, but peel still on, coarsely chopped (I used 2 medium sized cucumbers.)
1/2 cup lime juice (I used the bottled stuff.  Don't judge me.)
1 1/4 cup packed mint leaves (about a large handful), woody stems removed
1/2 cup sugar
Approximately 1 1/4 cup water

Directions:
Put ingredients in blender, add enough water to fill 3/4 of blender.  (I used 1 1/4 cup water.)  Puree until smooth.  Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour the puree through it, pressing against the sieve with a rubber spatula to extract as much liquid as possible.  (I couldn't find my mesh sieve, so I layered cheese cloth in the bottom of my colander.)
Fill a large pitcher halfway with ice cubes.  Add the juice.  Serve with sprigs of mint or slices of lime.
Makes about 1 quart (not including ice).

Source:  Simply Recipes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio